ProchargedMopar's Trading Trilogy

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:04 pm

ProchargedMopar,

Hey do you finally feel that you "get it" and are more confident in your trading?

I've been watching you from the very beginning back in last year and you've come a long way.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:22 pm

NOPE,
I've "got it" for a long time...Trading/market is simple.
I still have major issues.

Lets see how next cycle goes........
Join our group..we are all starting to roll and the more eyes the better.
Everyone has something to offer. It's great.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 pm

yep it is easy

what is hard is the psychological / emotional factor

you are doing well and have proved to yourself you can do this

now just keep a strong mind and keep doing what you are doing

nice work
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:13 am

I think it was vanessa who cut/pasted a snippet of a skype conversation we had in our z-line group.
There have been a few who added this as filter for entries at extremes(MOMO) and the pips are starting to flow.

I know I seem to be an indicator junkie, but when the market starts to move I can see nothing but ticks/price. As an example: I've tried to use the 8ma as trailing stop for a couple month's to no avail.

I'm finding that the ONLY thing I can see is either a horizontal or angled line placed on the chart.
I'm considering taking trades on practice account and then not exiting until the next sup/res level OR until I get an opposite signal.
Maybe, just maybe that will work.

Anyway, this setup is helping others so I figured I would post it here also.
Enjoy.
Attachments
PROs emas trick.txt
(20.58 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:48 am

EVEN THOUGH THIS IS TRUE.
You can still grab some pips by jumping in and out of the market in the middle of a trend as posted above in the text.
As TRO has said: 10 pips a day will make you rich.

Still a good read> SURE M.O., spaces are yours

Hi Sam,
As always thought-provoking. I have agonized over how to determine the trend for a decade and now have five methods including using trend lines but unconventionally.
Regarding your last article, thanks for adding number five.

Thanks for the email.
I can literally write a full day course on your email.
There is a reason why you have been agonizing for a decade over the topic of Trend.
Conventional trend analysis consists of higher highs and higher lows for uptrends and lower highs and lower lows for downtrends, up?sloping moving averages for uptrends and down sloping moving averages for downtrends.
As you say, I can go on and on with these conventional ways of identifying uptrends and downtrends, but you have already spent ten years doing that so "stop the presses," let's not waste any more time.

In short, conventional trend analysis is very faulty at best for use as a method of attaining the low risk / high reward, and high probability entry into a market.
It is a very high risk, low reward, and low probability method that makes no sense to the astute market speculator.
Think about it this way if you don't agree with me.
Imagine if you used conventional trend analysis to buy things in every other part of your life.
For example, only buying a car after the price went up, only buying your house after others bought similar houses in your area and price was now rising, ignoring sales at the grocery store and instead, only buying items when price was moving higher.

If you used conventional trend analysis that is written about in almost every trading book to buy things in other parts of your life, you would be broke.
On the other hand, your neighbors would love you for driving their property values higher, the car dealer would give you a big hug and thank you, and the grocery store owner would welcome you with a red carpet and some free coffee perhaps.
So, there is a trade off - money for love, I suppose. Of course, I am kidding (though this would really happen), but you get the point.
The biggest misconception in the world of market speculation is that somehow, the proper logic and rules are in any way shape or form different from the logic and rules you use to buy things in everyday life.

The short answer is to set a date where you will no longer focus on your quest for "trend information".
End the ten year cycle and focus instead on key supply and demand levels. Every trend begins and ends at price levels where supply and demand are out-of-balance.
Identifying these levels is not that difficult once you have a solid understanding of the concepts and rules.
That picture of higher highs and higher lows that you likely wait for to buy into a market, many buyers have always bought before you each and every time.
Why can't that be you? Why does it always have to be someone else? When you shift your focus from conventional trend analysis to the reality of how and why market prices change direction, you will then have a strategy that has you entering before all the book readers and conventional buyers.

We love the conventional concept of trends, we just want to be in the market before that group pushes the buy button.
Again, I can go on forever with this topic but I will save that for another day.
Hope this was helpful.
As always, thank you for your feedback and questions. Also, thank you for your loyal readership.
It is really a privilege to share market information with you.
Have a great day.
- Sam Seiden sseiden@tradingacademy.com
Last edited by prochargedmopar on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 am

Isn't the market a thing of BEAUTY??

A love affair. At least that's what my wife says. "My mistress"
Happy Valentines Day!!

Last edited by prochargedmopar on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:30 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:EVEN THOUGH THIS IS TRUE.
You can still grab some pips by jumping in and out of the market in the middle of a trend as posted above in the text.
As TRO has said: 10 pips a day will make you rich.

Still a good read>

Hi Sam,
As always thought-provoking. I have agonized over how to determine the trend for a decade and now have five methods including using trend lines but unconventionally. Regarding your last article, thanks for adding number five.
Thanks for the email. I can literally write a full day course on your email. There is a reason why you have been agonizing for a decade over the topic of Trend. Conventional trend analysis consists of higher highs and higher lows for uptrends and lower highs and lower lows for downtrends, up?sloping moving averages for uptrends and down sloping moving averages for downtrends. As you say, I can go on and on with these conventional ways of identifying uptrends and downtrends, but you have already spent ten years doing that so "stop the presses," let's not waste any more time. In short, conventional trend analysis is very faulty at best for use as a method of attaining the low risk / high reward, and high probability entry into a market. It is a very high risk, low reward, and low probability method that makes no sense to the astute market speculator. Think about it this way if you don't agree with me. Imagine if you used conventional trend analysis to buy things in every other part of your life. For example, only buying a car after the price went up, only buying your house after others bought similar houses in your area and price was now rising, ignoring sales at the grocery store and instead, only buying items when price was moving higher. If you used conventional trend analysis that is written about in almost every trading book to buy things in other parts of your life, you would be broke. On the other hand, your neighbors would love you for driving their property values higher, the car dealer would give you a big hug and thank you, and the grocery store owner would welcome you with a red carpet and some free coffee perhaps. So, there is a trade off - money for love, I suppose. Of course, I am kidding (though this would really happen), but you get the point. The biggest misconception in the world of market speculation is that somehow, the proper logic and rules are in any way shape or form different from the logic and rules you use to buy things in everyday life. The short answer is to set a date where you will no longer focus on your quest for "trend information". End the ten year cycle and focus instead on key supply and demand levels. Every trend begins and ends at price levels where supply and demand are out-of-balance. Identifying these levels is not that difficult once you have a solid understanding of the concepts and rules. That picture of higher highs and higher lows that you likely wait for to buy into a market, many buyers have always bought before you each and every time. Why can't that be you? Why does it always have to be someone else? When you shift your focus from conventional trend analysis to the reality of how and why market prices change direction, you will then have a strategy that has you entering before all the book readers and conventional buyers. We love the conventional concept of trends, we just want to be in the market before that group pushes the buy button. Again, I can go on forever with this topic but I will save that for another day. Hope this was helpful.
As always, thank you for your feedback and questions. Also, thank you for your loyal readership. It is really a privilege to share market information with you.
Have a great day.
- Sam Seiden sseiden@tradingacademy.com

When I see one big block of text my brain immediately shuts off.

Can you

please

add spaces

so that it is easier

to read :wink:

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:23 pm

I've decided to cycle my trading like I cycle my weightlifting.

Normally do 3 weeks loading/intensity and 1 week back-off(lower intensity).

I'll trade 3 weeks according to plan, then drop lot value and focus on trading every entry I see along with mm rules I have established for myself.

The Middle of next week after taking the kids on a skiing trip I'll crank back up the first 3-weeks of my 2nd 35 day cycle.
Lot value will be based on what ever is in the account at time of starting the next cycle. It Should be around $3 pips or so unless I blow it out with 30-60 cent pips in the mean time.

I'm also going to practice using a 19 pip stop for more wiggle room and go for 40 pips daily. If this produces better results I'll use that for the next cycle also.

Today, not as good but less stress. Market can really piss me off some times...... but Most times I'm just pissed with myself for not letting trades run.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Updated/Corrected trading plan,
First cycle target has been hit.

$60 | 20 | $4 | 8
$92 | 30 | $6 | 5
$124 | 40 | $8 | 4
$154 | 50 | $10 | 3
$184 | 60 | $12 | 2
$208 | 70 | $14 | 2
$236 | 80 | $16 | 2
$268 | 90 | $18 | 2
$304 | $1 | $20 | 2
$344 | $1.10 | $22 | 1
$366 | $1.20 | $24 | 1
$390 | $1.30 | $26 | 1
$416 | $1.40 | $28 | 1
$444 | $1.50 | $30 | 1 Time to go to FREEDOM Level
$474 Bal.

Start with $474 and use $2 pips!!!
Do it all over again but move Decimal one place to right..

$794 | $3 | $60 | 5
$1094 | $4 | $80 | 4
$1414 | $5 | $100 | 4
$1814 | $6 | $120 | 4
$2294 | $7 | $140 | 3
$2714 | $8 | $160 | 2
$3034 | $9 | $180 | 2
$3394 | $11 | $220 | 2
$3834 | $12 | $240 | 1
$4074 | $13 | $260 | 1
$4334 | $14 | $280 | 1
$4614 | $15 | $300 PER DAY INCOME!!!

You add up the days....if you don't like waiting you can start with 30cent pips the first round...

20 pips a day baby.......I won't type out the next level........

START WITH $20 PIPS...... and finish with $3000 a day income...HEHEHEHE

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am

Others can bring things out of you by asking questions.
This is something that I have been wanting to say for a while but just figured out how to put it into words.

[6:14:53 PM] Johny: It's finally clicked for him(Adeel)...after month's I've got him to see what I see and I knew he would eventually kick ass because he's always been able to hold trades....I can't YET.
thats all there is.What is it that you see?
[6:16:06 PM] Johny: Is it S&D stuff or Chris Lori stuff?
[6:19:14 PM] prochargedmopar: It's not something one can share, it's weird. you HAVE to find it for yourself....In our small group I was preaching MOMO untill I was blue in the face!!!!! BUT NOTHING. Then volume, then, ect. ect.....EACH of us has had to find our OWN way to see the market........... Brett came up with stuff, matt came up with stuff, I did, ect.......over time we take what we see and disregard the rest...because we dont' see things that way.......think about it...the market does the same thing over and over NO MATTER who is looking at it......we ALL trade it differently.
[6:20:16 PM] prochargedmopar: That''s why I feel M.O. HAS DONE SUCH A GREAT JOB TEACHING....he has shown about 100 different ways to see the SAME DAMN Thing......He's awesome in my book.
[6:20:23 PM] prochargedmopar: Excellent Teacher.
[6:22:24 PM] prochargedmopar: Matt likes MA's, Brett likes Bands/ Adeel likes pivots, price action, i see the market on a horizontal plane....I like straight lines.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”