Never Lose Again

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

es/pip

Re: Questions

Postby es/pip » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:12 pm

thehumbledone wrote:Hi...

My trading partner and I am lurking for about a month now, reading every post and looking at charts in this great forum. We have been trading for over 8 years and we are really interested in what you are doing here...it would be nice to be "FREE" as someone mentioned in a post.

But we must be honest with you great traders...we are having a very hard time understanding what you are looking for to identify a potential trade and what you use to determine your entries.

We dont understand some of the terms that many use here that seem to be important to their success:

:arrow: Z Lines--can someone be so kind and show us on a chart where and what a Z line is?
:arrow: MOMO candle and...what is a momo candle? I read somewhere that its not just a candle that is 2x's as large as a prior candle...so what things make up a MOMO candle?
:arrow: HELD PROFITS--what is meant by this exactly? How do i know there are held profits and what is the psychological importance to trading about held profits?

Lastly we looked at Dragons chart and have some questions about why lines are drawn where they are and also why? We have attached the marked up chart.

Hopefully this isnt too much of a pain and someone will be gracious and kind enough to help us so that we can in turn help others as they come onto this great forum.

Thanks for all that everyone does here!

Humbled

i am honestly not sure if this is a serious post or not

if it is

and i am sure i am going to sound like an ass

but

have you read the thread?
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jcelano

Heh...

Postby jcelano » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:14 am

Hey ES/PIP,

Would you mind taking a look at my chart from the previous page and let me know your thoughts? Just interested in what you think and any suggestions you may have.

Thanks for your time!

James

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 am

Hello traders.

I am currently at around page 250 in this thread and I am a tiny bit stumped when it comes to trading the Zero Line.

I re-read this thread even twice from around page 130 where MO started posting and I am still confused about the "Analogy of the Zero Line".

I attached two photos.

Looking at the first photo. Why did a spike up past the ZL form?

Was it because of the shorts that entered at * who thought the price was going to go down but where wrong when it stalled so they tried getting out at break even and created a short squeeze which temporary drove the price up?

Or was it the long who thought that their long entry at # was not going to work out and tried to get out at break even?

In the second photo a spike down happens.

Now did this spike down happen because the longs that entered at # were getting nervous with their position and they tried getting out a break even and created a sell off (long squeeze).

Or was it the shorts who entered at * were nervous when their short position went against them and they waited to get out at break even?

pablo101

Re: Questions

Postby pablo101 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:40 am

My trading partner and I am lurking for about a month now, reading every post and looking at charts in this great forum. We have been trading for over 8 years and we are really interested in what you are doing here...it would be nice to be "FREE" as someone mentioned in a post.

But we must be honest with you great traders...we are having a very hard time understanding what you are looking for to identify a potential trade and what you use to determine your entries.

We dont understand some of the terms that many use here that seem to be important to their success:

:arrow: Z Lines--can someone be so kind and show us on a chart where and what a Z line is?
:arrow: MOMO candle and...what is a momo candle? I read somewhere that its not just a candle that is 2x's as large as a prior candle...so what things make up a MOMO candle?
:arrow: HELD PROFITS--what is meant by this exactly? How do i know there are held profits and what is the psychological importance to trading about held profits?

Lastly we looked at Dragons chart and have some questions about why lines are drawn where they are and also why? We have attached the marked up chart.

Hopefully this isnt too much of a pain and someone will be gracious and kind enough to help us so that we can in turn help others as they come onto this great forum.

Humbled

If you haven't read the thread, start from around page 130 to get most of your answers
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

jcelano

Another ZLINE Chart

Postby jcelano » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 am

Here's another chart from an EJ trade I just go out of (only 9pips or so)

My critique of my own trade is that the ZLINE I was using for entry was not based on a 2x candle...

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

James
Attachments
OCTOBERNEW.JPG
OCTOBERNEW.JPG (166.57 KiB) Viewed 4454 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:16 am

7+ hrs holding this trade

+4.x pips atm. LOL (edit: just stopped out at +.5 pips)

waited for it to go up a couple and hit it again with a 15 pip stop....based on daily chart. Looks to be going up for a re-test.
What do you see??

I'll keep trying.....I know that I missed the trade by 60-80 pips (z-line) but I was swimming and snorkeling with the kids......

#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Re: Another ZLINE Chart

Postby es/pip » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:34 am

jcelano wrote:Here's another chart from an EJ trade I just go out of (only 9pips or so)

My critique of my own trade is that the ZLINE I was using for entry was not based on a 2x candle...

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

James

your other chart looked ok to me

a zl does not nec. have to be based on a 2x bar----

all a zl is doing is showing held profit

so where you marked your line on the m15 was correct.

but

look at what that looked like on the h4, that is the reason we went down.

i am still short on h4 targeting the longs held profit

thehumbledone

Postby thehumbledone » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:38 am

es/pip wrote:

Humbled

if it is

but

I am serious es/pip....sorry you doubt it.

and please dont waste your time if you think this is a joke.

Maybe someone will be kind enough to direct me to the post or posts and I will go read them with my tail between my legs

and as I stated above, I have read the thread. what is wrong with asking for clarification?

all i want is some help and i am sure i am not the only trader here who would like to understand this.

i apologize for my stupidity.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:47 am

I'm the master of the long runs today......LOL
I proved to Razorboy a looooooong time ago that i could take a big loss.
That's easy.

TIMING, IT'S ALL ABOUT TIMING. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET IN WHEN PRICE IS ABOUT TO MOVE YOUR WAY. TIMING. NO WONDER EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT ENTRIES.

#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:53 am

thehumbledone wrote:
es/pip wrote:

Humbled

if it is

but

I am serious es/pip....sorry you doubt it.

and please dont waste your time if you think this is a joke.

Maybe someone will be kind enough to direct me to the post or posts and I will go read them with my tail between my legs

and as I stated above, I have read the thread. what is wrong with asking for clarification?

all i want is some help and i am sure i am not the only trader here who would like to understand this.

i apologize for my stupidity.

there is nothing wrong with asking for clarification

you are asking 3 q's that have been answered 1000 times in the thread

that's why i asked if you had read it

if you don't understand something i would post a chart that you mark where you think stuff should be, and then someone will tell you that you are wrong and where it should be marked

then you will see why you were wrong and where it should go

and then

in return you will have put what we have on our charts onto yours and then you will see it--- hopefully

at least that's what i would do if i was u

still baffles me that people don't want to mark charts and ask there q's with the charts, and do not put what we have on our charts onto their's

Return to “TheRumpledOne”