2009.09.10 DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

gfg1

Postby gfg1 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm

I come up with Rotten Belly Blues CD. lol

SignalBender wrote:Heck, might as well just start calling the Bar's DNA signature... Bar Codes. Just 'swipe' the currency pair across the laser scanner for the "price" to be paid.

The new look currency pair. Want to know the "next" price? Just swipe the Bar Code. LOL! :)

Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Flex,

In your first chart, you got hit with a Double-Bottom to the downside, which drew you out on your first set of Longs. However, you then benefited from the upward leg of the same Double-Bottom move on your next series of Longs. A double-edged sword.

Trading is a multi-dimensional adventure and having situational awareness about why price behaves the way it does, is always optimal.

In your second chart, you were managing a range-bound M5 market and you got hit again, this time by a different creature. Go look at the M1 Bar at 11:09 GMT. It's range was already 9 pips, in a market where that Bar's average range was LESS THAN 9 pips. Thus, you entered at the TOP of that particular market.

The funny thing is that most Traders pick a pair to trade and then think they are trading only one market. The truth is that there are a multitude of markets within the single pair you select. The M1 market is not the same as the M5 market. The values and variables are different, though the structure (concept) is the same. Thus, your Timing must also be different.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 pm

SignalBender wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:OPPORTUNITY... ClLo < 20(Ref: Trade2Win)

Have you figured out why 20 pips?

Did you know that there was a better (dynamic) value (range) that can be used as well to: a) Increase overall trade accuracy (using this method of yours) and b) Increase the number of trades available (including those outside the 20 pip 'opportunity' range?

Do you know how to prevent the Double-Bottom and Double-Top fake-out that shows up in the RAT reversals coming off fresh bottoms and fresh tops? What is the nature (characteristic) of a Double-Bottom and Double-Top inside the 'opportunity zone' anyway - that too often leads to a RAT reversal stop? The answer is encoded within the Bar's DNA. Something 'else' has to happen first before that particular RAT reversal is safe to take - or - you must increase the Stop range and make certain to use a small Bar, no bigger than M5 in most cases.

TheRumpledOne wrote:Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

With "Training Wheels On," sure! But, take the Training Wheels Off and both directions can be used very effectively when trading "like a RAT!"

TheRumpledOne wrote:2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

True - unless, the RAT reversal entry happens to be in opposition to the Bar's dynamic DNA signature that has decided to start moving in the opposite direction of the RAT reversal entry! ;) If that happens, even the RAT gets steam-rolled and driven to his Stop level.

So, how can one know when the Bar's DNA signature is evolving into a polar opposite position as the RAT reversal entry? An interesting question for an interesting mind, no doubt. ;)

TheRumpledOne wrote:3) The TRAINING WHEELS only signals LONG trades ABOVE the weekly open and SHORT trades BELOW the weekly above. This bias keeps beginning traders, as well as experienced traders, out of trouble.

Very good advice! However, there is so much more about the Weekly Bar, that is uncovered by unlocking the DNA signature within! Were you aware that the Weekly Bar has 4-5 phases, where each phase actually predicts the next, until the Bar "resets" itself prior to the start of the next Weekly Bar?

Example: Take the EURUSD for the week of 09 May 2010. Right now, the EURUSD is inside of its Phase II for the Weekly Bar. Phase I was completed on Monday (10 May 2010), which set-up the currently Short sided 'bias' that we see in the Daily Bar today. Phase III will have Long bias, a the Weekly DNA signature begins to dynamically shift to show 'upside' potential. Phases III and IV, should culminate in taking out the price level of $1.3094 - or very near that level. That will set-up Phase V, which will have Daily Bar Short bias.

Now, if today is merely Tuesday, what value to the Trader is there in knowing the conceptual price mapping of the entire week, before it happens? Some would say, massive value. ;) Others....... well others would simply ban you from their site for even mentioning the idea, LOL. :)

I need access to lower intervals in MT4, I'm looking for a good MQL coder and I don't have the time to write the stuff myself. I want to see how the DNA signatures behave themselves in the lower time-frames and I'm tired of doing it manually.

I'm most likely going to "attempt" to move over to ProTrader Multistation and run auto-executions from there for the entire system. ProTrader is Intermediary agnostic. A little buggy right now, but no more or less buggy than MT was when it first came out. They are working their way through the growing-pain stages and should come out a real winner, both for the Retail Trader and the more "advanced" Trader. ProTrader's IDE is capable of converting MQL into PTL and then compiling that into an executable system against the back-end server of my choice.

But, even if I don't make the switch to PTMS, I still want to see the system running in the lower levels (M1 through H4), but I don't have time to learn MQL at such a level.

Is Dr. Arroway, up for a ride through the worm hole?

:lol: :roll: :lol: anyways...

Fingobob

Postby Fingobob » Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 am

Hi I am pretty new to this forum and would like to find out more about the DTB. Trawling through the posts is quite inefficient though there are bits and pieces here and there. I am not sure what is the real 'essence' of DTB and what is a customised opinion of DTB to a particular trader. Is there some kind of "summary" of the DTB? which encapsulates the whole trading philosophy/strategy (dosent matter what its called really...) It would be much helpful to sum it up as it has evolved somewhat. Thanks in advance

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed May 12, 2010 3:11 am

SignalBender wrote:Flex,

In your first chart, you got hit with a Double-Bottom to the downside, which drew you out on your first set of Longs. However, you then benefited from the upward leg of the same Double-Bottom move on your next series of Longs. A double-edged sword.

Trading is a multi-dimensional adventure and having situational awareness about why price behaves the way it does, is always optimal.

In your second chart, you were managing a range-bound M5 market and you got hit again, this time by a different creature. Go look at the M1 Bar at 11:09 GMT. It's range was already 9 pips, in a market where that Bar's average range was LESS THAN 9 pips. Thus, you entered at the TOP of that particular market.

The funny thing is that most Traders pick a pair to trade and then think they are trading only one market. The truth is that there are a multitude of markets within the single pair you select. The M1 market is not the same as the M5 market. The values and variables are different, though the structure (concept) is the same. Thus, your Timing must also be different.

Sigz,
There is actually a more appropriate area for that type of trading system here at kreslik.com

nonlinear dynamic systems

Within, there is a sub-forum
genetic optimization

Might be easier to find the kind of help you need there...

And it helps keeps specific types of info fairly organized for others who pass through later who might be able to contribute, or are seeking further knowledge for themselves on the topic.
Last edited by TygerKrane on Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

cosmoe1

Postby cosmoe1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 am

Fingobob wrote:Hi I am pretty new to this forum and would like to find out more about the DTB. Trawling through the posts is quite inefficient though there are bits and pieces here and there. I am not sure what is the real 'essence' of DTB and what is a customised opinion of DTB to a particular trader. Is there some kind of "summary" of the DTB? which encapsulates the whole trading philosophy/strategy (dosent matter what its called really...) It would be much helpful to sum it up as it has evolved somewhat. Thanks in advance

HI fingobob,

go to page 10, 2nd post down. Tro really starts to explain how to trade starting there. You really need to read this entire thread to grab the whole process.

cosmoe1

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed May 12, 2010 3:28 am

flex wrote:signalbender, i'm sure tro meant the candles that closed after i got in the trade. there was a green candle that did not make a new high. this would have been the time to close the trade (but i'm not sure if that would have been a small loss or profit).

today: loss and i know how stupid trades can look in hindsight. ;)
i need a different "exit play book". the way i handle it right now just wiggles me out too often and way too early.
a logical assumption for me is that i need to hold my average profitable trade longer than my average losing trade. looking at the past charts i can see it is the other way around. setting sl to be+1 (and later to be+3) does not seem to be a solution.

What do the three marked bars have in common?

edit: Why are two of them different to your chosen entries?

edit: Is there anything about that chart that tells you what your ideal exits should be?

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

roger_over

Postby roger_over » Wed May 12, 2010 4:59 am

HI Signalbender , I kinda enjoy reading your analysis keep posting, what exactly is the dna? of the bar/candle
Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.
E. B. White

SignalBender

Postby SignalBender » Wed May 12, 2010 6:12 am

TygerKrane wrote:Sigz,
There is actually a more appropriate area for that type of trading system here at kreslik.com

nonlinear dynamic systems

Within, there is a sub-forum
genetic optimization

Might be easier to find the kind of help you need there...

And it helps keeps specific types of info fairly organized for others who pass through later who might be able to contribute, or are seeking further knowledge for themselves on the topic.

Thanks. There are posts that have not been addressed over there since 1492. Columbus, was the last person to edit a thread as the Pilgrims never even bothered to have at least one Thanksgivings dinner there.

I was looking for an MQL4 coder with talent. Instead, today, I stumbled upon a link for the MQL4 Book, by Kovalyov and a few other documents discussing MQL. I also stumbled upon Visual Traders Studio for MetaTrader, which I am trying to fully vet with people that have bought and use the application to their advantage. If I can get Visual Traders Studio for MetaTrader to work, that would be superior to hand coding my system, even if I have to go back in to tweak things that most "code generators" create unnecessarily. This is not my first Rodeo. I was just trying to not have to learn yet another language.

Heck, I think I've already created a new language for the FX, but it is all Excel pseudo code. The point is that I'm going to give my system access to the lower time-intervals. Once that is done, the rest will be proverbial history - a basic academic exercise in Think and Grow Rich. Or, in my case: Trade and Grow Rich. Or, Auto-Execute and Grow Rich.

Whatever, just grow Rich at a much FASTER rate of speed. Slow is fine, but I've gotten bored with slow.

Anyway, thanks for the pre-colonial history pointer on non-linearity. ;)

cosmoe1

M1 Bar Range

Postby cosmoe1 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:25 am

SignalBender wrote:Flex,

Hi Sigz,

I put this into practice tonite. what a huge difference. THANKS
cosmoe1

Return to “TheRumpledOne”