TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Good luck man. Like I said - if you can lose as consistently as you did on the 29th then sombody had to be winning consistently. Figure out how to make that someone you.
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Krane catches Tyger; training wheels

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Training Wheels for getting the most out of these types of situations:

Won't forget to Zoom Out and check Higher Timeframe for better perspective (H4):

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

newschool

Re: Krane Catches Tyger 10/4/10 (Mon)

Postby newschool » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:23 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
Here's what the [highlight=darkred][font=Andalus]Trading Station[/font][/highlight] looks like:

Pff you dont even have Level2 8-)

TygerKrane

KcT, Accidental Ticket into Bigger S&R Game

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:00 pm

[highlight=violet]"If an H1 3Sema coincides with an H4 3Sema, then I will consider that an accidental ticket into the bigger picture S&R Game and focus on the bigger picture timeframe accordingly."[/highlight]

Call it an accidental ticket into the bigger S&R game on EJ-Short. Also to coincide with Day/Week/Month high...
I actually had a short 10pips from high, but since I'm not officially trading yet, closed it for 18pips profit.

::NOTE::
BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! :P AJ did the same thing earlier today as well {meaning the H1 & H4 3Sema coincided, and there was Day/Week/Month low; there was NO funky number changing on the AJ H4 chart} (just didn't feel like marking all that up on the chart.) So that was an accidental ticket into the Long/Buy game as well. :shock:

Probably a good time to Zoom Out look at Higher Timeframe (D1):

**I guess I see now why Sema people recognize 3-1-1 as a powerful pattern..........**

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Tyger, can you elaborate on what the "3-1-1" pattern is?

gfg1

Re: KcT, Accidental Ticket into Bigger S&R Game

Postby gfg1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 am

Hey Tyg, I know trubluetex asked you this, but there was no answer. What did you mean by 3-1-1 semafor? TIA

TygerKrane wrote:[highlight=violet]"If an H1 3Sema coincides with an H4 3Sema, then I will consider that an accidental ticket into the bigger picture S&R Game and focus on the bigger picture timeframe accordingly."[/highlight]

Call it an accidental ticket into the bigger S&R game on EJ-Short. Also to coincide with Day/Week/Month high...
I actually had a short 10pips from high, but since I'm not officially trading yet, closed it for 18pips profit.

::NOTE::
BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! :P AJ did the same thing earlier today as well {meaning the H1 & H4 3Sema coincided, and there was Day/Week/Month low; there was NO funky number changing on the AJ H4 chart} (just didn't feel like marking all that up on the chart.) So that was an accidental ticket into the Long/Buy game as well. :shock:

Probably a good time to Zoom Out look at Higher Timeframe (D1):

**I guess I see now why Sema people recognize 3-1-1 as a powerful pattern..........**
Price closed over a line that you believed to be support and that is the first indication that something is WRONG-MO

TygerKrane

Back with a bang!

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Ok! I'm back with a bang now, let's see if I can trade my way out of a wet paper bag before the end of the year. :)
I've been making a ton of observations for [highlight=BLACK]Krane cat[/highlight][highlight=orange]ches Tyger[/highlight].
I also had to take some time to sort out my dating life (let's say I needed to hedge a few positions, 8) , LOL, I kid, I kid.)

Disappointed about the whole 50:1 leverage reduction bit, but I do see that it doesn't actually affect my intended strategy. Still, I can't wait to master what I am doing so that I have a good enough reason to go through the process of finding an international broker, or having a friend host a foreign account for me.

[font=Tahoma][highlight=darkgreen]Also, I'd like to clearly state that[/highlight][/font] even though this is a trading method I am working on, it is still moreso a training exercise; to encourage me to wait. Ultimately I believe that this will lead me right back to many of the ideas I was learning from MightyOne. I just needed a reason to slow down my entries, and waiting to see a Sema first in the meantime helps me to observe possible setups more, but use my trigger finger less.

[font=Tahoma][highlight=darkviolet]Thanks MO for this gem:[/highlight][/font] {especially the definition link}
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 pm
:idea: MightyOne :idea: wrote:I am glad that es/pip still has the patience to explain the basics because I sure don't :wink:

Lets follow the path of logic for a second:

1. MO is a discretionary trader:

http://www.trade2win.com/traderpedia/Di ... ry_Trading

2. He created MZ and ZL to convey a general idea.

3. Because he is discretionary, nothing that he says is meant to be used mechanically.

4. If nothing is used mechanically then the ideas must be used collectively to sync ones mind with the movement of the market.

Just because there is sudden momentum that does not mean that the Mighty Zone is going to deflect price.
It could be that there was a slow upwards movement followed by momentum into a larger area of resistance where the longer term traders wish to short.
Everything must be viewed in the context of recent data and magnitude.

Systems, no matter how well conceived, will fail because there are always a group of traders who respond to and take advantage of constants.

[font=Tahoma][highlight=darkviolet]And thanks for this gem eudamonia:[/highlight][/font]
Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:59 am
:idea: eudamonia :idea: wrote:Along these lines I'd say that trading knowledge is largely tacit. Books will only take you so far. Can you teach someone to ski, surf, or create great paintings through a book, forum, or static picture? Of course not. Trading is the same way. That is the Art of Trading.

It forced me to look this up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacit
Wikipedia wrote:Tacit knowledge (as opposed to formal or explicit knowledge) is knowledge that is difficult to transfer to another person by means of writing it down or verbalising it. For example, stating to someone that Tooting is in London is a piece of explicit knowledge that can be written down, transmitted, and understood by a recipient. However, the ability to speak a language, use algebra[1], or design and use complex equipment requires all sorts of knowledge that is not always known explicitly, even by expert practitioners, and which is difficult to explicitly transfer to users.

While tacit knowledge appears to be simple, it has far reaching consequences and is not widely understood.

[align=center] :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: [/align]

TygerKrane

Are you happy with CFTC rules?

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm not really good at debating and defending a point of view, so I REALLY like how this guy put it:

http://forexforums.dailyfx.com/trading-room/258785-you-happy-cftc-rules-2.html#post619954
10-08-2010, 06:50 AM

:smt038 Okletsee :smt023 wrote:Can you elaborate on the bad math fee? Because strictly from a trading point of view, it makes perfect sense to have multiple trades open in the same pair, going in different directions in different time frames. Isn't there a way to police the broker and leave the trader alone?

Also you are probably right about the leverage. I don't know why they allow even 50:1. Having said that, since we've seen they are capable of 400:1, I hate having something and then have it taken away, especially by a third party who thinks its not good for me. They need to butt out.

When I go to get gasoline, I know that the gas pumps are being monitored by the Department of Agriculture in the U.S., to make sure the pumps aren't cheating me. But the D.A. doesn't tell me how much gas I can buy, or what kind of gas I can buy, they regulate the pump and gas company, not me.

If you change the name of the spot forex market to "Las Vegas" and start calling trading "entertainment", then its okay to lose millions of dollars to the industry and ruin lives while the government and regulating bodies nod their head in approval, and rake in their portion of the profits in taxes and fees. Heck, you can even spend time with a government regulated prostitute out there and its okay. Its a strange world we live in.

[highlight=grey]::: {of course if anyone wants to debate this statement and show me here a different point of view that Okletsee is missing, that is fine also.} :::[/highlight]

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:49 pm

eudamonia wrote:Good luck man. Like I said - if you can lose as consistently as you did on the 29th then sombody had to be winning consistently. Figure out how to make that someone you.
Thanks for the support, Ed.

~Krane

TygerKrane

3-1-1 Sema Pattern

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

trueblueTEX wrote:Tyger, can you elaborate on what the "3-1-1" pattern is?

gfg1 wrote:Hey Tyg, I know trubluetex asked you this, but there was no answer. What did you mean by 3-1-1 semafor? TIA

Ok, I could've answered it quickly and simply, but I kind of wanted to go a bit more in depth, with pictures and stuff.

Over the last few weeks I've made a bunch of Sema observations, so I'm going to start a new thread for it. Kind of like a separate notebook from what I'm doing here. I just feel like putting out a mountain-load of my observations in a more organized manner soo....

[marq=right][font=Comic Sans MS][highlight=violet]TygerKrane's Sema-Seminar[/highlight][/font][/marq]
[marq=left][font=Comic Sans MS][highlight=violet]TygerKrane's Sema-Seminar[/highlight][/font][/marq]

Return to “beginners forum”