FOCUS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

withnail

Postby withnail » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Nice discussion Scatty thanks for throwing it up. I like the Equity curve support line description. I found this chart a while ago I think it highlights well the dangers of loosing to much.
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... recoup.gif
Cheers,
Withnail
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

scratty

Postby scratty » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 am

Hi Withnail

The content of this graph is another proof that there is (only) ONE :shock: Priority! ...the most important thing to focus on!

good information, thanks. After 20% loss the curve gets pretty scarry (exponential) [-X
Lose professionally!

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Dragon

just like this. The yellow circles are areas where im actively looking for trade.

dragon33 wrote:Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade
Attachments
EXAMPLE 222.jpg
DAILY TIME FRAM EXAMPLE
EXAMPLE 222.jpg (133.87 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:39 am

One day you will learn that S&R is always behind you; not because it is, but because it has to be. ;)

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 am

And dragon33, it is nice to see you around!

I've missed you :)

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 am

Hi MO

I understand that to make money on my trades i need new people to step inand put there money in same direction as me.

Wheres the best place to do that ?
Where there was previous areas of such action. ie S&R

Clues to strenght of orders- speed and distance.

i no longer see them as areas of S&R but order flows/money.

Its so simple why would you even want to buy into supply area when there was evidence that there was strong selling that kicked of big drop in price.

Yes i can see why you say "One day you will learn that S&R is always behind you; not because it is, but because it has to be."

Maybe that day has already come :P

BB
MightyOne wrote:One day you will learn that S&R is always behind you; not because it is, but because it has to be. ;)
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

scratty

Postby scratty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Dragon

nice to have you back. Hope we will see some more posts from you again :oops:

FROM highs/lows and AT highs/lows is a big difference! I think that some traders here have a confusion with this two things...

:arrow: From highs/lows means the highs/lows are in past and there is a (failing) attempt to go to new high/low areas.

:arrow: At highs/lows means the highs/lows are just happening without a sign of stopping.

Do you agree with this definition dragon?

:idea: So don't just trade the opposite direction when price is hitting new highs/lows: Wait for a failing attempt. :shock:

HINT: Don't follow dragons high lotsize option until you are a timing god like dragen himself. Don't forget: Most traders (including me and you) are not that giftet, so try the small lot-size thing first :wink:

dragon33 wrote:Trade from the highs and lows from a big chart, zoom in on a small chart to catch high potential trades. If it goes wrong cut your loss fast. You can cut fast if you play high lotsize or you can trade scaling positions so you get more room or potential to win the trade
Lose professionally!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Scratz, bettlebox, MightyOne, EveryOne: (<--see what I did there? :lol: )
Why is it so easy to lose consistently?

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

scratty

Postby scratty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 pm

because i accepted that this is a boring (longterm) game :shock: ...accepting this and stay on the right path is not easy at all (especially when you traded out of excitement once in your life) :roll:

TygerKrane wrote:Scratz, bettlebox, MightyOne, EveryOne: (<--see what I did there? :lol: )
Why is it so easy to lose consistently?
Lose professionally!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”