The most important forum here and probably least viewed?

psychology is the key to success in trading. are you match tough?

Moderator: moderators

biggusdickus

The most important forum here and probably least viewed?

Postby biggusdickus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi-

I found this site looking to find TRO's SR indicator for Tradestation ( for a friend). I dont use TS - Just want to make that clear LOL.

After years of searching for the grail, losing amd making the same mistakes I finally turned inward to myself.

The first thing I realized is we all trade our childhoods in the markets. We have some F*cked up things in there that were useful at one time to protect and deal with things but will invoke feelings to override any rational thoughts.

This is your ego pouring on the juice and the juice goes all over the mouse.
and you can kiss your account goodbye.

Here is what I did over the past year and it has changed my trading completely and forever.

Step 1.
Remove the root cause created in childhood
( How do you remove something you are not aware of).

Step 2. Think - Meditate
at night before sleep I submit a problem to my subconcsous to resolve.

Step 3- Awareness- Meditate Observe the gaps in your thoughts.

I was never a spiritual person- Trading has changed this completely.
Once I became to understand this everything changed. A lot of blood sweat and tears to get here.

When you observe the gaps you are observing the soul
This is the source of creativity, progress, resources and is always in the now..

The soul has no opinions other than to serve and move the universe forward. (I have no idea where I came up with that!)

The ego ( the voices in your head) what you put aside when observing the gaps wants to protect the soul.

It WANTS mediocrete- It wants things to be safe and secure.
It does not like change. The more you try to change the more it will
try and bring you back to what it sees as normal. It will invoke strong feelings in this attempt.

The soul's only feeling generated is peace.
So.. For trading Feelings are much stronger than thoughts.
I substitute and focus on the feeling of the soul when trading.
If I am feeling peace I am by definition in the zone.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:40 pm

I definitely agree on meditating, for me, it helps me to more easily internalize how I react to PA as it evolves throughout the day/week.

It also helps me to find a comfort zone in how I want to add-in & shed lots during a trade (both the quantity of lots, and the gauging of the actions/reactions of PA when I choose to do so.) :smt070

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

biggusdickus

Postby biggusdickus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:19 pm

I used to do this- meditate and review my PA setups. My trading coach showed me a better and easier way ( for me).

When I meditate I simply observe the space between thoughts, I don't think of anything I observe NOTHING or the gaps in thought.

That is where the magic happens. As I observe I simply add an intention.

The intention can be anything but as an example I will use "show me how to keep myself from wrong footed in the market". Just lightly think about it and let it go- Then observe the gaps in thought. When I performed this a while back I discovered the TRO SR indicator within 20 minutes of waking ( as an example)

What happens to me is later when I sleep at night I will dream all night about trade setups- I will often have other dreams as well. The next morning I will usually have my answer to the intention I applied earlier.

I built my entire method in this way - One thought and intention at a time
improving in small increments. I accomplished more in 6 months of doing this than I had in the 10 years prior.

I used to use meditation audios when I started and they were very helpful
if you would like a copy e-mail me and I will send them over to you.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks for your additional input.

The subconscious can be as powerful as a quantum computer when you let it be. It can calculate both 'on' & 'off' reality states simultaneously (just like a quantum computer.) Hence, I agree totally when you say to "observe NOTHING", and then seeing the magic that happens afterwards....

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a couple of looped sound clips that get me right where I need to be quickly.

Maybe I'll take you up on the offer later though.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Coolbudz223

Postby Coolbudz223 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:06 am

How about any entry or exit signals?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “trader's psychology”