TRO Indicators for NinjaTrader

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

rdhtci

Postby rdhtci » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:23 pm

cvax,

Great work porting these to Ninja.

Have you by any chance worked on the version of BuyZone which resets every hour?

Thanks,

Rob

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

greaterreturn

Postby greaterreturn » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I modified the Buy Zone by cvax to update every hour. Anyone want it? It's kind of cool. I find it works profitably every hour on the hour during the high liquidity/volatility times of day.

Just let me know if anyone wants it and I'll post it.

Wayne

rdhtci

Postby rdhtci » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Wayne,

That's just what I was asking in the post above yours. I would definitely like this if you be kind enough to post it.

Thanks,

Rob

Aldo

Postby Aldo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Wayne, I'd be interested in having a look at this if you post it. Just getting started with NinjaTrader.

Cheers,
Allan

greaterreturn

Postby greaterreturn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:01 am

Here's a picture of the hourly buy and sell zones. Besides making it reset hourly, it has the following changes.

1. Disabled the outer lines of the zones. Why? The all important price labels to the right were unreadable since they overlapped each other. NinjaTrader lacks any feature to selectively turn off the tags.

2. Fixed the painting of the zones to break between hours. However, it doesn't paint all the way to the ends of the horizontal lines due to a NinjaTrader limitation.

NOTE: An unsupported work around exists to make NT paint to the ends of the lines and draw lines without labels but it requires more coding. That's on the list of enhancements below.

PLEASE propose any ideas you have or features you need. Let's add them to the list. Since I trade this every day, I'm committed to maintaining it and improving it.

TRO's plan is great of offering better features as a thank you gift for a contribution of any amount of your choice. My PayPal email is admin@waynewalter.com It's silly for anyone to call that sales. Public radio and all kinds of charities offer thank you gifts for a donation. And it should be tax deductible as a business expense.

These following planned enhancements appear in order of priority. Priorities are up for discussion, of course.

1. Add a chime that sounds when when the market is away from the Buy Zone but returns near to it. Make a chime sounds when the turn of the hour is 2 minutes away. Those will help solve the problem of patience by allowing reading online or doing something else until one of chimes sound.

2. Change the input parameters to pips instead of decimals so that the script can internally adjust for the decimal difference between pairs with 2 and 4 digit decimals. So, for example, with parameters of 3 and 1 instead of .0003 and .0001 the script can automatically adjust to .03 and .01 for USD/JPY and .0003 and .0001 for USD/CHF. This will be more convenient when setting up a chart or switching symbols quickly on the same chart.

3. Add a daily starting vertical bar with an input parameter to choose the hour it appears each day. That will make it easier when scrolling to spot the times of interest.

4. Add a parameter to choose on what minute you want the hour to start instead of a fixed time.

5. Add a parameter to allow for buy zone times in other increments that 60 minutes. For example, I successfully traded the Buy Zone one day by reseting on the half hour but I didn't make it into a parameter yet. This requires more testing to confirm it works well in practice.

6. Add outer zone lines without a label so they don't overlap. And make it optional whether you want to see labels for the outer or inner horizontal lines.

7. Make the painting of zones extend to the ends of the horizontal lines.

After these and any enhancements you propose are out of the way, the plan is to add a small amount of trade automation at the start of each reset of the buy zone to submit the initial stop limit(s) to MBT/EFX along with confirmation dialogs to accept or reject the setups. That will reduce some flurried activity in the first few seconds of reading the new zone prices and entering the trades manually.

More on automation later.

Sincerely,
Wayne
Attachments
TROHourlyBuyZone.zip
Click File -&gt; Utilities -&gt; Import NinjaScript

The browse and select the zip file after you download it. Then you can add the indicator TROHourlyBuyZone to your charts.
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 1204 times

rdhtci

Postby rdhtci » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:11 am

Wayne,

Thanks for posting this, but I am getting an error message when I try to import.

Can you see what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Rob

greaterreturn

Postby greaterreturn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:53 am

I just imported it myself which worked fine. My guess is that you are using an older version. I'm using the 6.5.0.10 which is the latest Beta version.

Support said I needed to upgrade to Beta to be able to use MBT/EFX brokers since a lot of bug fixes for that connection went into it.

During programming, I think I used a few new Beta features for painting between the bars.

NOTE: NinjaTrader allows you to install multiple versions at the same time so you can switch back to an older one if you have problems with the newer one.

Try installing 6.5 if you don't have it. That should fix it.

Sincerely,
Wayne

greaterreturn

Postby greaterreturn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:36 pm

The automation will become more important now. I missed two major moves simply because I wasn't quick enough to reach the buy zone price and enter them into MB Trading fast enough before it already traded out past the buy zone. Argh! I just need it to fill in those prices for me automatically so all I have to do is verify them and hit submit.

Anyway, I hope you have success with it. I do on most days. This is the first time I totally missed the moves.

Sincerely,
Wayne

greaterreturn

Postby greaterreturn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Nevermind. I'm going to just use two TTOs with MB Trading on each side of the Buy Zone at the start of the hour. Unfortunately, that take twice as much margin. But I was trying to use all my margin and quickly cancel and replace my stop limits...too difficult. It's easier to just bracket the market.

So I'll keep working on these other enhancements to the indicator. And ideas for improvement other than the ones I mentioned?

khalid

Postby khalid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:44 am

Wayne,

Great work. I would at least like to assist with ideas. But first let me familarise myself with NinjaTraders this weekend.

Thank you.

Khalid

Return to “TheRumpledOne”